Thursday, October 2, 2014

Navigate 3.1.3 – Tools within the LMS Quest

Schoology provides lots of tools for use in the online classroom. At first glance, communication tools such as a calendar, profile, and messages are the first thing you notice to the left of the page. Communication is important in any LMS. Across the top are tabs that let you choose if you want to view courses, groups or resources. I LOVE the resources tab. In this section of the LMS, you can search for lessons or activities to go with the content you are teaching. The lessons in the resources section allows you to collaborate with other teachers to develop the best instructional strategies. Below is a screen shot of the Public Resource tab available in Schoology. 


Furthermore, at the bottom right of the screen, are suggested resources for students to use to complete the assignments that I have posted. Since my assignment deals with matter, Khan Academy and a chapter on Chemical Reactions have been suggested. 

When I click on my course, I am able to see the screen below. Down the left side are materials, updates, the gradebook, badges, attendance, members, and analytics (stats). Everything I need to manage my class is right in one place at the click of a button. My favorite part of the course page is the Notifications button at the top. Any time students post to the class or send me a message, I am instantly notified. 



No comments:

Post a Comment