Friday, October 10, 2014

Communicate 4.1.1 – Evaluation Methods and Communication Practices Quest

I read the article Four Good Reasons Why Students Need Instructor Feedback in Online Courses, and I couldn't agree more with the main points of the article. Everyone is looking for some sort of evaluation of themselves, especially students. I know that, as a teacher, I cannot wait to get my observation paperwork back from my administrator so that I can see if I am meeting the standards. Students are the same way. They want to know where they stand and how they can improve. 

There are many benefits to instructor feedback. Good feedback helps clarify the goals and expectations, helps students close the gap between current and wanted outcomes, and helps teachers reflect on their teaching in order to plan lessons. So many students require guidance on how to learn, so feedback is the best way to scaffold learning for them. 

Personal comments are the best type of feedback. Personalized feedback helps students feel connected to the instructor. Instructors can provide feedback in a variety of ways. Feedback can be written, recorded, chat, video, emails, etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment