Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Create 4.1.1 – Define and Explain Learning Object Authoring Tools Quest

Learning Object Authoring Tools:

  1. Zondle: This is my favorite free teaching website. I put in the content that I want my students to be exposed to, and they choose the game they want to play. Their progress is automatically sent to me, and I can monitor their scores. It's a win/win for both teachers and students.
  2. xtranormal.com is a website that I often allow my students to use to create little cartoons to teach concepts. They can create their first, basic cartoon for free. If they want to add detail or make it more interesting, then they have to pay for the website. 
  3. The ShowMe app on the iPad is another way I let my students demonstrate their understanding. They can record themselves teaching a lesson on the interactive white board of the iPad screen. They can include drawings, images, audio and videos.  
  4. EduSmart: This is my favorite teaching tool. After attending the Georgia Science Teachers     Association Conference a few years ago, I talked my school into subscribing to this awesome software. It is an interactive, module-based, e-textbook with simulations, virtual labs, vocab builders, and quizzes. My students LOVED watching the video textbook and filling in the notes as we went. I felt so confident teaching the material. 
  5. Another pricey but quality educational subscription is Adobe Connect. I would love to have access to this program for my students to discuss things with each other from home. It would make "flipping" the classroom a lot easier in order to try more labs during the school day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment