Friday, October 10, 2014

Communicate 4.2.1 – Feedback Quest

Feedback from instructors should be focused, specific, and authentic. Every student deserves to have some type of personalized comment on their work. I can remember being in school and receiving a report card that had "Pleasure to have in class" written beside the grade. At first I thought it was a nice comment, but then I saw that every student in the class got the same comment. After I found out that it wasn't personal, I didn't care about the comment at all. 

There are lots of ways that instructors can offer feedback. These are examples from the quest:
  • Audio Commentary
  • Rubrics
  • Traditional Written Feedback
  • Discussion Forums
  • Links to additional resources

The assignment I created is a project that goes with a Simple Machines unit in Science. Students are to build a catapult that will launch a marshmallow a certain distance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment