Monday, October 13, 2014

Create 2.1.1 – Web Tools Quest



Presentation:

  • Prezi is a web-based presentation software that allows the reader to "zoom" through the presentation. It is visually captivating and flows much like a Power Point presentation in the form of a concept map. The viewer can simply watch the presentation online. 
  • SlideRocket is an online presentation platform that allows the user to create visually pleasing presentations to share with viewers. The creator can make, edit, and save the presentation online.
  • Google Presentation allows you to create and save documents and presentations to save and share with others. 

Discussion Forums:
Each of the websites below are hosts to forums or blogs that allow students to discuss and respond to threads from other students. Each of these discussion forums are FREE for education use.


Assessment:

  • Zondle is my favorite game-based assessment platform! I used it weekly in my classroom. I set up the content (questions and answers) and my students choose the game format. A grade is automatically sent to me and saved in my online gradebook. It is very simple and always FREE!
  • Quizlet is much like Zondle. Students can use it to study or create flashcards. Teachers can use it to set up quizzes as assessments for students. It is also free. 
  • Rubistar is another website I use often in my science class. I like to give performance tasks and creative labs, so I have a need for lots of rubrics. It is difficult to find pre-made rubrics that meet the needs of my classes, so I usually make them for free on Rubistar. 


No comments:

Post a Comment