Thursday, October 2, 2014

Navigate 2.1.4 – Lecture Capture Quest

I have used a type of Lecture Capture technology in my classroom before in an effort to "flip" my classroom when I had fun labs or activities planned for the next day. Undoubtedly, being able to hear and see your professor teach a lesson is the best way to learn and understand the material. It is even better when you can go back time and time again to view the notes or listen to a lecture in order to ensure your own understanding of the material. The application I have used to record my lessons is an iPad app called ShowMe. ShowMe is similar to having a SMARTBoard right in the palm of your hand that records what you are saying and writing. You can also include visual images. 


In an online classroom, Lecture Capture technology would be a valuable resource. Sometimes there are lessons that you just can't "get" on your own without the facilitation of a teacher. Lecture Capture would be a wonderful way to be able to teach the lesson in an asynchronous environment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment