Friday, October 10, 2014

Create 1.1.1 – Time Management Quest

I can honestly say that managing time and planning ahead is my greatest strength. I am a super organized and efficient person. To be honest, my planning skills help me greatly in the the classroom. I often find myself completely finished teaching my standards with plenty of time for review before the CRCT while other teachers in my content area are scrambling to finish. At the beginning of the year I sit down and prioritize my standards. I plan ahead and use the standards as a checklist throughout the year. Additionally, I stay flexible and modify my plans as needed.

Similarly to the way I plan ahead in the regular classroom, these same time management tips can be used in the online classroom.

1. Set Goals: Goal setting can often help those who have trouble narrowing down the big picture into manageable chunks. Everyone has to have something to work toward or it feels like they are running a never-ending race.

2. Plan & Organize: Sit down and plan ahead. Figure out what needs to be done and come up with a plan for getting it done. Staying organized is a necessity.

3. To Do List: Every day I come up with a list of things that I need to get done. Just having the list as a reminder helps me to stay on top of everything I need to do.

4. Prioritize: Prioritizing my to-do list is a must. If I tried to complete all the small things on the list and didn't get to the bigger things, then I would be in trouble when those big things came due.

5. Be flexible: After all, "Blessed are the flexible for they shall never be bent out of shape."

No comments:

Post a Comment