Thursday, October 2, 2014

Navigate 3.1.2 – Creation and Investigation into Courses Quest

I chose to set up a class for my Advanced Physical Science class using a LMS called Schoology. Once I dove in and learned about Schoology, I realized that it is very similar to Edmodo, which I had used a good bit over the past couple of years. Signing up was free and simple. I was immediately able to create my first course, and I posted a PowerPoint presentation (Introduction to Matter) and a discussion forum for my students to discuss the essential question from the PowerPoint. 

Schoology provides me with a place to post links, files, videos, discussion forums, assignments, polls, etc. It also has a gradebook that keeps track of the assignments. I am considering using it for all of my classes. Since I have a wealth of experience with Edmodo, setting up Schoology was simple and easy! Below is a screenshot of the Physical Science class I set up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment