Sunday, October 26, 2014

Evaluate 3.1.1 – Differentiation Quest

The student data sample that I am providing is a small screenshot of my actual grade book. I have only provided the past week's assignments for a very small amount of students, not including their names  to comply with FERPA. However, this quest is extremely easy for me, because I am differentiating for them in the exact way that I am going to describe. Here is the data:


The assignments were a bonding classwork activity, an atom model project that counted as an exam grade, a counting atoms classwork activity, and a periodic table test that counted as an exam grade. The two students at the top have a current average in the 90s and seem to be doing well. I will continue to work with them in the same way. However student #3 and student #5 have dropped to a C, with student #4 only one point away. These students need differentiation and intervention before they slip through the cracks.

My plan is to group them by ability. I will put these three students at a group together so I can make sure to work more closely with them at the same time. Their test grades were very low, so we will spend more time preparing for tests and covering the vocabulary.

No comments:

Post a Comment