Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Navigate 2.1.2 – Recorded Session Quest

Recording synchronous classroom sessions is something I am familiar with using in my traditional classroom. I have experimented with the concept of the "flipped" classroom, and found that recording my lessons were beneficial even to the classes that were not flipped. By recording myself, my students are able to return to the lesson at the click of a button. Also, students who were absent benefit from being able to find the lesson on my website. However, I have never used a professional vendor to record myself. I have always been recorded on an iPad and simply posted the video to my website.

I chose to use a free trial of Adobe Connect to record myself teaching. It took me 3 tries before I was able to actually get a quality recording! The first time I forgot to click the record button, and I finally realized nothing had recorded. The second time I spoke so low that you could not hear me. I had to adjust my microphone. On the third try, it was a success!!

No comments:

Post a Comment